Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Delicious Dishes



I've been trying some new recipes or putting new twists on old ones lately and wanted to share the yummy projects. Cooking and baking has been a major outlet for creativity.

This first dish is a Chipotle inspired food (one of my fave places). It's very simple to make. I just put some rice in my rice cooker. While the rice cooked I just used some left over chicken from a rotisserie chicken and chopped it up. Then I chopped up some cilantro. After the rice finished cooking I just mixed it with my chopped up chicken and cilantro and added half a can of black beans. I squeezed half a lime in the mixture and mixed it a little more. Put the mixture in a tortilla with some cheese, sour cream, salsa, avacados etc and enjoy!

This next meal is super simple. In fact it's pretty self explanatory, I'm only posting it because it's too pretty not to.  Just scrambled eggs mixed with a few of my favorite veggies: spinach, green pepper, onion and tomato. Top it with cheese. Strawberries with whipped cream and toast on the side. Starbucks Vanilla Coffee with white chocolate caramel creamer, stevia and topped with whipped cream and Starbucks caramel drizzle to drink.



 Strawberry Scones
 

I LOVE these scones! I found the recipe on allrecipes.com right here. 

Pesto and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
 Mmmmmm! This was my first time making this dish and I was very pleased with how it turned out! It tasted even better the next day for lunch! I found this recipe at foodcomablog.com, right here.
 I love trying new recipes that I find on her blog!

 Deep Dish Veggie Pizza
I made my first pizza in a cast iron skillet. In fact I made my first deep dish pizza. It was a hit with the fam. Here is where to go to get the recipe and directions. Also, if your not big on taking 3+ hours on the crust here is a shortcut.

Thin Crust Veggie Pizza
I really do like a veggie pizza! Here is a thin crust pizza, pretty basic, but so yummy!


Just follow the same directions for the either the deep dish crust or short cut crust, just roll it out real thin. Add whatever topping you want! For me, I love feta cheese, mushrooms, onions, tomato, green pepper and spinach!




 Double Chocolate-White Choclolate and Walnut Cookies

These cookies are my new fave kind of cookies. I just used this recipe and added the white chocolate chips and walnuts to twist it up...and it was a really good move!


My 2 year old son, Elisha, gives them a thumbs up!

Baked Potato Casserole

 This was a definite winner with the hubs! I'm telling you I LOVE  the Food Coma Blog- this is another recipe from there.


Happy Cooking and Baking! 






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment