Sunday, February 27, 2011

Artistically Inspirational Reads

I'm finding the following books very helpful and inspiring in my art life and thought I would share them with you too:
The Crafter's Devotional has been helpful for me to do at least one creative activity each day. There are a several crafts that I've never done before such as making a journal necklace or water webbing. There are also activities that I have done before such as simply coloring with crayons or collages. There is an activity for everyday, but it's not always a "create something" activity, sometimes it's just looking at things that inspire like old photos.

I cannot say enough good things about this book! So many neat and pretty simple sewing ideas such as a wall hanging with pockets or Sideways Square Skirts. In the beginning of the book the basics of sewing is explained- loaded with terminology and lists of materials to have to get started.  Not only does this book have some awesome sewing ideas but also a an envelope in the back of the book containing every pattern for each idea featured in the book.

This book has so many great ideas for scrapbook-ing. The book is filled with layout ideas, embellishment ideas, and picture placement techniques. It is very helpful and inspirational in my scrapbook-ing adventures.


To be honest I just got this book and have not read it yet, but I have always wanted to learn more about mixed media. Just by flipping through the pages I can already tell I'm going to learn a lot and have a lot of fun learning this new craft!

 This book has a lot of cool knitted hat designs and I cannot wait to try out the patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment