Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fabric Flower Tutorial Via Skiptomylou.org

  I know a lot of people that like to make (and sell) hair bows. I came by this tut in my email this morning and thought I would share it with you guys! This tut is from  skiptomylou.org. I really enjoy going to this site for tuts, ideas and inspiration.
Posted: 10 Aug 2011 07:08 AM PDTskiptomylou.org
This fabric flower hair clip is super quick to make and super cute!

Fabric Flower Supplies

Scraps of fabric (I used a heavier weight cotton), scrap of felt,  3/4 inch covered button kit, hair clip

How to make a fabric flower

Download template and cut out fabric pieces. Cover one button for center of flower.

Fabric Flower Template

Gather straight edge of petal piece and hot glue to felt piece.
Continue gluing petals to felt circle until all five petals are attached.
Clip slits all the way around the edge of the center circle piece. Hot glue center circle on top of petals. Next, hot glue covered button to center of flower.

Glue the fabric flower to a hair clip, head band or pin back.
Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment